Are you a lover of books or want to become one? Our Book Club is perfect for you! We offer Book Club at our Manatee Center every first Thursday of the month from 1-2pm or 7-8pm and at our Venice Center every third Monday of the month from 2-4pm for just $2!
Reading books has more benefits than you think. Here are 10 reasons why you should start reading more:
- Mental Stimulation- Staying mentally stimulated can slow the progress of developing Alzheimer’s and Dementia by keeping certain parts of your brain from losing power. Just like every other muscle in your body, the brain requires exercise to stay strong and healthy.
- Stress Reduction- When you read, your mind slips away into whatever story you are reading, allowing you to temporarily forget about life’s stressors and relax.
- Knowledge- Every single thing you read fills your mind with new information. The more knowledge you obtain, the better-equipped you are to tackle life’s challenges.
- Vocabulary Expansion- The more you read, the more words you gain exposure to. Being well-spoken can help you in any profession long-term. Reading books is also great to expand your knowledge of new languages.
- Memory Improvement- When you read a story, you have to remember characters, backgrounds, history, plots, etc. Every new memory you create forges new brain pathways and strengthens existing ones.
- Stronger Analytical Thinking Skills- Have you ever read a book and figured out the ending before finishing the actual book? This is from your analytical thinking skills. The more you read, the stronger these skills become.
- Improved Focus and Concentration- In the digital age we live in where multitasking is now an expected norm, improving your focus and concentration is crucial for any occupation. When you read, you are focused on one thing: that story. Try reading for 15-20 minutes before work and you will be surprised how much more focused you are throughout your day.
- Better Writing Skills- Writing skills are important in almost every profession. When you read, you expand your writing skills without even knowing it.
- Tranquility- In addition to the focus that comes along with reading, it’s possible that the subject you read about can bring inner peace and tranquility.
- Entertainment- Reading is a great way to entertain your brain. It puts you in a place of peace, knowledge, and pure entertainment.
What are you waiting for? Join us at our Manatee and Venice Centers to start your reading journey!
Leave A Comment