At the Women’s Resource Center, our utmost concern is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, clients and community. News about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) increases daily. It is important to respond to our community’s needs, especially as those needs evolve or change during this time. Below we have provided a list of local resources that may be able to help.
The WRC Resource Report – a weekly report that highlight local and national resources during this time.
RECEIVE RESOURCES IN YOUR INBOX!
What type of resources are you looking for today?
News & Emergency Resources
- Current Travel Advisories
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Toolkit
- Center For Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for Businesses
- Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection – Find county-specific information on Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.
- MCR Health Coronavirus resource page
- Centerstone COVID-19 Community Update
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- SPARCC -Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (Sarasota) Hotline (941) 365-1976
- HOPE Family Services Hotline (Bradenton) Hotline: (941) 755-6805
- Temporary Pet Food Assistance – Manatee County
- Free and income based clinics in the state of Florida – online directory of free and affordable health clinics.
- Health coverage options if you’re unemployed
- Services & Resources for Veterans
- DIY Face Masks
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Page
- Domestic Violence Support & Resources
- CareLine – 24/7 hotline to help deal with stress & anxiety during these challenging times.
- Manatee County COVID-19 Testing Information
- Sarasota Memorial Community Specialty Clinic – Sarasota Memorial’s Community Specialty Clinic (CSC) provides specialty medical care and referral services to Sarasota County residents who are uninsured or underinsured, who demonstrate a true financial need, and who are age 18 or older.
- SBA Southeast Leads 100,000 Strong Entrepreneurship Recovery Effort Across the South
- Learning Empowered Free Citizenship Classes – register online
- Manatee County Birth Certificate and I.D. Program
- Transportation Assistance – for Homeless persons during an evacuation
- Manatee County Free Helpline for evictions and foreclosures – are you confused about the rules regarding evocations and foreclosures during COVID-19? Gulfcoast Legal Services is offering a free helpline to assist you with evictions, foreclosure and credit reporting errors. Call 941-746-6151 for more info.
- Centerstone Mobile Crisis Intervention Service – provides timely and effective individual and family mental health intervention to anyone who is in crisis in Manatee and Desoto Counties.
- Evictions During COVID-19 free information sessions in English and Spanish – JFCS hosts information webinars guided by Legal Aid Manasota. Attorneys will discuss the current eviction moratorium and how it impacts individuals and families in our community.
Goodwill to host free consultations with area lawyers – up to half-hour sessions with Gulfcoast Legal Services attorneys will determine if community members qualify for free legal services
The U.S. Department of Labor has issued its first round of implementation guidance pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA). This guidance provides fact sheets for both employers and employees as well as a Q&A regarding implementation.The guidance is available in three parts:
United Way FREE Hotline
2-1-1 is a FREE service provided by United Way that connects area residents to critical health and social service resources when they need help. From help with a household bill, food assistance, or counseling for suicide prevention, calling United Way’s 2-1-1 helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round. Instead of searching the phone book or internet when faced with a crisis, think of 2-1-1 as your first call for help.
People can reach 2-1-1:
By phone – Dial 211
By Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By Online Chat
By Text – Text zip code to 898-211
Season of Sharing Fund
Season of Sharing helps individuals and families on the verge of homelessness who reside in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte and DeSoto counties. The funds may be used for rental assistance, utility bills, child care, transportation, food vouchers and other expenses associated with helping families get back on their feet.
Individuals seeking funds, must meet with a caseworker through a social service agency to apply for the funds.
Not sure which agency matches your needs? United Way 2-1-1 assists potential clients in finding an appropriate agency.
- Not sure what you are eligible for? Here is how to access Government Support for Workers Affected by COVID-19 – a snapshot guide for people who lost current or upcoming full or part-time work.
If you do not currently have access to a computer, or are having issues with the website you can now apply via paper by:
- CareerSource locations across the state will be providing paper applications and assisting Floridians with submitting their Reemployment Assistance applications. Visit CareerSourceFlorida.com for information and center locations.
- FedEx is offering free printing and mailing of Reemployment Assistance paper applications at over 100 storefronts across the state.
- Applications can be downloaded at FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19. Once the application is complete, individuals should mail them to:
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity – P.O. Box 5350, Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
- Check the status of your Stimulus Check here
- Save Small Business – $5,000 Grants – The Save Small Business Fund is a grant making initiative offering short-term relief for small employers in the United States and its territories.
- COVID-19 Stimulus Check Application for Those Not Required to File a Federal Income Tax Return
- The IRS issued guidance on deferral of employment tax deposits and payments through December 31, 2020.
- The Department of Labor provided updated information on benefits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) including the release of a helpful webinar, implementation notice, and updated fact sheets.
- The Department of Economic Opportunity released a new mobile option for submitting applications for Reemployment Benefits. Paper applications are also available.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) Guide
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide
- The Department of Children and Families (DCF) provides food assistance through its SNAP program and cash assistance through TANF. Information about the work requirements for these programs can be found at DCF’s ACCESS Page or CareerSource Suncoast.
- Emergency Bridge Loan Program: The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19. These short-term, interest-free working capital loans are intended to “bridge the gap” between the time a major catastrophe hits and when a business has secured longer term recovery resources, such as sufficient profits from a revived business, receipt of payments on insurance claims or federal disaster assistance. Read more >>>
- U.S. Small Business Disaster Assistance
- The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program – LIHEAP services are provided to assist families, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high proportion of their household income for home energy, meet their immediate home energy needs.
- Resources for Restaurants Workers
- Access – To apply for food assistance (SNAP), cash assistance (TANF) or Medicaid.
- HHS COVID Fraud Alerts
- Comcast announced will offer 60 days of complimentary no-cost internet access for new low-income customers
- Affordable Ask an Attorney program – a 30-minute legal consultation on family law topics such as divorce, child support, child custody, and much more.
- Everyone On – has information about low-cost internet and affordable computers in the area
- Low Interest Crisis Relief Personal Loans from Capital Good Fund
- National Disability Institute (NDI) recently launched the Financial Resilience Center, an online information hub to help people with disabilities and chronic health conditions respond to the financial challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance with United Way Suncoast. Also includes help attaining a stimulus check if you have not yet received.
- Is your business in Manatee County? Does it employ 15 or fewer FTEs? Manatee County, Florida Government is launching a small business grant program and companies that did not access the PPP or EIDL programs could be eligible. Learn more
- FPL’s customer support during COVID-19 – offering payment extensions and waiving late fee and helping customer with financial assistance. Spanish Flyer
- Florida Housing’s Coronavirus Relief Fund For Impacted Homeowners And Renters – Governor DeSantis has authorized $120 million of the State of Florida’s Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) allocation to Florida Housing Finance Corporation (Florida Housing) to assist Floridians that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and struggling to pay housing expenses such as: rent, mortgage payments, and emergency repairs that will keep families stably and safely housed. For additional program information or to speak to a representative, call Florida Housing’s toll-free Coronavirus Relief Fund Information Line at 1-888-362-7885. Open Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sarasota County Cares – Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act and the U.S. Treasury Coronavirus Relief Fund – Human Services Nonprofit Funding Opportunity
- Benevolence Assistance – Palma Sola Presbyterian Church administers two funds that enable it to help you meet emergency financial needs.
- SOAR offers Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Children – stabilizing income for children in your system who are experiencing or at-risk of homelessness. And helps with enhanced health insurance coverage (Medicaid).
Food Service Sites
- Manatee County Full Pantry List – hours of operation, location and availability of all Manatee County Pantries.
- All Faiths Food Bank: (serving DeSoto and Sarasota) Provides access to food pantries, the DeSoto Food and Resource Center and more through the Food Finder section of their website.
- Feeding Tampa Bay (serving Hillsborough, Manatee, Pinellas): Provides access to mobile food pantries, mobile markets, a community market and more through the Find Food section of their website.
- Free lunch during spring break programs
- Free meals for kids searchable database
- Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee – Food 4 Families Locations
- Manatee County Active Pantry and Soup Kitchen – master list of locations and hours of operations
- Friendship Centers is now offering home-delivered meals for adults 60 or over in Sarasota, DeSoto, Charlotte and Lee counties during the coronavirus pandemic. Anyone who is interested in receiving meals should call the Home Delivered Meals Hotline at: (941) 556-3208 in Sarasota County, (941) 255-0723 in DeSoto/Charlotte Counties, (239) 236-8684 in Lee County.
- Free Resource Advising Services – can help connect you with resources you are looking for.
- Free Meals for Kids 18 & younger in Manatee County flyer – Locations & Times (Spanish flyer)
- Bradenton Farmer’s Market Online – with a drive through pick up on Saturdays. We accept SNAP and offer the Fresh Access Bucks (FAB) match for Florida grown produce. SNAP participants can order online and then pay with their EBT card or Market Bucks or FAB tokens, if they already have them when they pick up.
- Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee has received additional funding through the Families First Act and is working to provide home-delivered meals at no cost to seniors (60 and over) in need who live in Manatee County. If you are a senior needing help or a senior you know needs help with food, please call 941-747-4655.
- Manatee County Drive-Thru Mega Pantry Location Change – Tuesdays from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Desoto Mall at 303 301 Blvd. West, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Caritas Food Pantry is open Tues-Fri at 1st Baptist Church 1661 Main Street, pantry access off Adelia St.
- Paradise Grill in Nokomis has FREE FOOD every Friday between 4-6 pm. Just come to the tent in the parking lot for your FREE MEALS.
- Feeding Tampa Bay – in need of food assistance? Locations & hours.
- Partners for Pets – Senior Friendship Centers, in partnership with Vintage Paws Sanctuary’s “Partners for Pets” program, is providing deliveries of pet food and other pet-related necessities to pet owners in our community.
- South County Food Pantry – 121 Warfield Avenue in Venice, open Monday-Friday, 9-12, must live in Laurel, Nokomis, Venice or South Venice.
- Food 4 Families Food Distribution – Wednesdays in August 1616 9th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Mobile Pantries Available Times And Dates
- Roy McBean Boys & Girls Club – 1790 21st St, Sarasota, March 25, 2020, 9:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Food Pantry: Salvation Army is distributing food at their 1400 10th Street, Sarasota, location. Please call 954-Hope (4673) for an appointment. Open Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 p.m
- Feeding Site: Mental Health Community Centers, Inc. 240B South Tuttle Ave, Sarasota. 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Serving to go meals.
- The Oasis Center (Samoset) is distributing food on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Restoration Church 3505 5th St. East, Bradenton, FL 34208 – 941-465-2961 distributes food on Tuesdays.
- Salvation Army North Port (groceries)- 4940 Pan American Blvd, North Port | 7:30 am-3 pm
- **South County Food Pantry (groceries)- 121 Warfield Ave, Venice |9 am-12 pm
- Trinity United Methodist Church (groceries)- 4285 Wesley Ln, North Port | 9 am-1 pm
- Salvation Army Venice (groceries)- 1051 Albee Farm Rd, Venice | 9 am-4:30 pm
- Face of Hope (groceries)- 12765 S Tamiami Trl, North Port | 10 am-11 am
- **Church of the Palms (groceries)- 3224 Bee Ridge Rd, Sarasota |10 am-1 pm
- Trinity United Methodist Church (sack meal)- 304 W. Oak St, Arcadia | 11 am-12:30 pm
- Desoto Food and Resource Center (groceries)- 1021 E. Oak St, Arcadia | 2 pm-6pm
- **New Hope Community Church (groceries)- 5600 S Biscayne Dr, North Port | 3 pm-5 pm
- **Booker Middle (produce)- 2250 Myrtle St, Sarasota | 4:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Manatee Mobile Food Pantry – 3100 26th Street West, Bradenton, Florida 34205 – Thursdays | 4:00 pm-5 pm
- Farm Share Drive Thru Distribution – THURSDAY, JULY 9, 2020 – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at Blanche H. Daughtrey Elementary School 515 63rd Ave E,
Bradenton, FL 34203 (Flyer in Spanish)
- Free Remote Career Advising – Our Career Advising program offers individual assistance in preparing for a successful job search. Includes resume preparation, interviewing skills, networking techniques, available local job list and more!
- CareerSource Employment Services: Please call (941) 358-4200 to speak with a Career Coach and discuss your options for virtual job search, workshops and career coaching.
- CareerSource Florida has a list of COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Programs
- CareerEdge offering Internship Reimbursement Program: CareerEdge reimburses Sarasota Chamber employers up to $1,500/intern when they pay a minimum of $10.00/hr to their student interns!
- Unemployment Claims/Benefits: Apply online at connect.myflorida.com and register on employflorida.com
- Call (800) 204-2418 for assistance
- Job Search: employflorida.com
- Reemployment Assistance Programs
- Florida Unemployment Guide
- U.S. Small Business Administration COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- U.S. Small Business Administration Resource Partners
- U.S. Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- FL DEO Short Time Compensation Program – The Short Time Compensation Program is a voluntary employer program designed to help employers maintain their staff by reducing the weekly working hours during temporary slowdowns instead of temporarily laying off employees.
- Training Opportunities – Training, services, and scholarships beyond CareerSource Suncoast’s career services are available if you are eligible through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Disabled Employment Services – If you have a disability, CareerSource Suncoast wants to help you access the services and programs you need to gain, retain, or return to employment.
- Ticket to Work Program – a free and voluntary self-sufficiency program that increases employment opportunities and choices for Social Security disability beneficiaries. If you are an adult and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you qualify for the Ticket to Work program.
- Career Readiness for Women Remote Classes – Head Start presents classes to help women re-enter the workforce, change career, improve career kills and more.
- Fully Funded HVAC Installation and Maintenance Fast-Track Training – Begins Sept. 29th to Dec 16th at Suncoast Technical College. Average starting wage with benefits is $15 an hour.
Helpful Job Searching Tools
- JobFocus.com has job openings in the Manatee-Sarasota area to help residents who are no longer employed find work.
- Who is hiring in Sarasota?
- Who is hiring in Bradenton?
- Who is hiring in Venice?
- Employment Opportunities in Longboat Key
- Who is hiring for Remote Work?
- Manufacturing Jobs in the Region: Our local manufacturing association has added a section on their website for job openings.
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce List of Job Openings
Your Chamber Resources:
How to access Government Support for Workers Affected by COVID-19 – a snapshot guide for people who lost current or upcoming full or part-time work.
Companies Currently Hiring for Full-Time or Part-Time Positions
Please click on the link to be directed to their open positions page to apply:
- Bite Squad
- Census Enumerator
- PGT Windows
- Life Care Center
- Sarasota County Government
- PepsiCo/ Tropicana
- Dollar Tree
- Door Dash
- Grub Hub
- Uber Eats
- Panera Bread
- Pizza Hut
- Domino’s Pizza
- Papa Johns
- Capstone Logistics Warehouse Jobs
- Support.Com Remote Customer Service
- Sarasota Bay Club
- Jacaranda Trace
- Right at Home
- Tidewell Hospice
- Help At Home
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay – $250 sign-on bonus
- Fed Ex
- Wyzant Tutoring
- Varsity Tutor
- Star 2 Star
- Fifth Third Bank
- Inside Out
- Vengroff Williams
- Manatee County Boys & Girls Club
- Boys & Girls of Sarasota County
- Big Brothers. Big Sisters.
- Design Concepts, Marine Concepts
- Community Foundation of Sarasota – Coordinator, Community Impact
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Sarasota County Schools
- United Way Suncoast
- Tidwell Hospice
For Parents & Families
- A comic for kids exploring the new coronavirus
- Instructional materials about viruses, outbreaks, and the new coronavirus
- NY Times: teaching, learning, and thinking critically about the novel coronavirus
- PBS News Hour: Coronavirus resources for grades 6-12
- Brain POP on the new coronavirus
- Using the coronavirus as a teachable moment for Social-Emotional Learning
- PBS Kids for Parents – Tips and activities to help children grow
- Scholastic Learn at Home – Learning experiences for PreK-12
- Kennedy Center Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home will host lunchtime art lessons. Additional activity sheets available.
- Manatee County Library – You can now register online for temporary library cards that give full access to electronic resources!
- Manatee County Library access to FREE tutoring via Tutor.com
Talking to Kids About COVID-19
- PBS Kids guide for talking to younger kids about the coronavirus
- PBS Kids guide for talking to younger kids about tragic or scary events in the news
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) guide for talking to kids about COVID-19
- NPR guide for talking to kids about scary events in the news
- Morningside Center guide for talking to students about the coronavirus
- Morningside Center guide for addressing bias and bullying in response to the novel coronavirus
- Ways to Promote Children’s Resilience to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Family Safety Guidelines and Resources
- Six steps for K-12 leaders to respond to the coronavirus
- Map of school closings related to the coronavirus
- Preparing for school closures due to COVID-19 from American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- COVID-19 information and resources for schools and school personnel from US Department of Education
- Child Abuse Prevention Month – Resources & Tips for Parents, Children & Others
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Healthy Parenting
- Florida Department of Children and Families: Childcare searchable database
- Emergency Childcare – Boys & Girls Club of Manatee County
- Forty Carrots Family Center – Virtual Services
- What is COVID-19? And how does it relate to child development?
- Suncoast Behavior Health offers mental health services for children and adolescents in crisis – no cost assessments for 24/7. Call (941)951-5000 to schedule your appointment.
- Children First Nurturing Dads Initiative – free virtual classes, twice a week at 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- College Hunks Moving Company Offers Free Services To Anyone Fleeing Domestic Violence
- Reporting Child Abuse during COVID-19 for Educators – Florida Department of Education Resources
- School Readiness Program – do you need FREE or reduced cost childcare? Apply online today. Flyer in Spanish.
- Circle of Security Parenting – Forty Carrots Family Center offers a relationship-based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children. A Certificate of Attendance that satisfies court requirements is provided upon completion. Next series September 22nd.
Resources for Children
- PBS News Hour: Resources and lesson plans for grades 6-12
- Two high school librarians offer ideas and resources for virtual learning
- 20 learning activities for kids stuck at home
- The Learning Network by the NY Times
- Navigating Life with a Special Needs – Child Parent Mentoring and Support Program: Encouraging Families through Support, Education, and Advocacy
- Lesson plans from The Learning Network
- Nightly Met Opera Free Live Streams
- Macaroni Kid – a local resource with a weekly newsletter with great suggestions on “what to do with your children during this time.”
- The Latest Resources for Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&Rs) Agencies and Providers
- Childcare Resource & Referral Services – a service to connect employees to childcare during COVID-19
- READS reading resources
- Sesame Street has just teamed up with Headspace, to create Monster Meditations on the Sesame Street YouTube channel
- Florida Studio Theatre – offering summer camps through August 7th. Enrollment open and scholarships are available.
- COVID-19 Resource for Parents and Caregivers – Florida Department of Education. Talking to Kids, Coping and Managing Stress, Toddlers and Preschoolers, ACCESS Florida.
- Nobody’s Perfect-Parenting in a World of Change – by Marlene Resnick Simons
Self Care Resources
- 30 Day Free Online Yoga
- Managing stress & anxiety
- Three Strategies to Manage Eating During Stay-at-Home
- Affordable Remote Mental Health Counseling – First appointment is free! Mental Health is big part of your overall wellness. The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people and fear and anxiety can become overwhelming. WRC understands, and is here to help.
- 25 Stay-At-Home Self-Care Ideas
- Planet Fitness Daily Livestream Workouts
- Headspace Mindfulness App
- Managing Stress for Nurses
- 3 Steps To Stay Healthy During the Pandemic
- Something to Think About – finding gratitude during COVID-19
- ANCHORING HEART Technique: a self-help resource produced by OPUS PEACE
- Tidewell Teams Support Community – Hope Line. Social workers, chaplains and grief counselors are joining forces to help meet the emotional-health needs of our communities through this 24/7 service.
- Tidewell Grief Education and Support Center. (En Espanol)
- 5 natural ways to boost your mental health during stressful times
- Meditation Workshop – free and confidential online workshop for survivors of abuse and professionals that witness trauma in the workplace. To sign up, call (941)343-0039
- FREE Bilingual Emotional Support Helpline – 833-8481762 specially trained behavioral health counselors available 24-hours a day to help with stress, anxiety, trauma and health crisis.
- Self-Care for Healthcare Heroes – 14 ways to help our healthcare heroes take care of themselves by Suncoast Behavioral Health Center.
- 2020 Women in Business Virtual Forum – 09/23/20 you’ll discover greater resiliency, be inspired to move forward, and expand belief in your own capabilities.