Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Women’s Resource Center. Volunteers are the heart of the WRC and play a vital role in supporting our mission.
Last year our volunteers logged over 10,000 hours, which is equivalent to having five extra full-time employees!
WRC Volunteer Roles:
- Resource Advisors/front desk support: Resource Advisors help clients prioritize their needs and refer them to the community agencies or programs and services offered by the WRC. Other duties: answer phones, greet clients, and schedule appointments.
- Career Advisors: Career Advisors provide one-to-one assistance to help clients during their career exploration and job search journey. Includes career exploration, resume writing, job search techniques, networking skills, and interview practice.
- Mentors: It can be difficult to see our goals through to the end, and sometimes we need someone to help us. Mentors work with clients who would benefit from additional support and experience from and a qualified mentor.
- Workshop facilitators/instructors: various topics
- Support group facilitators: various topics
- Yoga instructors
- Meditation facilitators
- Special events volunteers
- Lunch bunch and book club facilitators
- Career Closet: Sorters and client support.
- Unique Boutique: Sorters and customer support.
- Mental Health Professionals: Qualified mental health professionals provide individual, couples, and family counseling. Professionals have the discretion of referring clients to more appropriate treatment when it is more beneficial for the client.
Money Counselors provide one-one assistance to help clients understand their options when making financial decisions. Includes education, exploration of options and assistance in evaluating pros and cons, all in the context of the client’s personal situation and overall goals.
- Legal advisors: Provide 30-minute legal consultation on family law topics such as divorce, child support, child custody, and much more.
- Resume writers
- Computer tutors: 1:1 and classroom training on general computer skills and Microsoft products.
- Special projects: Program coordination, course development, one time projects, and back-office support.
- Outreach: Call and visit local organizations to speak about the WRC and deliver collateral.
Please note, the needs of the WRC change often and roles are filled according to availability.
If you are interested in exploring volunteer opportunities at WRC, please attend one of our upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions. To secure your spot at the next upcoming session, please complete the volunteer application below. Once you have completed the application, you will be sent a link to register for an upcoming information session.
Thank you so much for your interest in joining our community!