October marks domestic violence awareness month, and as women, we need to stand together and help each other protect ourselves from domestic violence. According to loveequalsme.org:
- 1 in 3 women experience domestic violence in their lifetime
- 63% of victimized Latinas experience multiple acts of victimization
- 84% of native women have experienced violence in their lifetime
- 94% of murder-suicide victims are female
- 4 million older Americans are victims of physical, psychological, or other forms of abuse and neglect
- 1 in 6 U.S. women have been stalked in their lifetime
- 10 million+ Americans are victims of physical violence annually
- 20% of victims are family members or friends of the abused partner, neighbors, persons who intervened, law enforcement responders, or bystanders
As women, we also need to understand that domestic violence is not always physical. Mental and emotional abuse can often be just as extreme as physical violence.
Once again, we’re collaborating with HOPE Family Services, Manatee County’s non-profit service provider for domestic violence victims, to bring awareness of the life-changing services offered to women in Manatee and Sarasota Counties.
Last year was our very first Handbags & Happy Hour event, and we loved it so much, we decided to host it annually. We invite you to join us for an evening full of fun and fashion! Enjoy fantastic appetizers, a premium open bar, raffle prizes, jewelry, and of course, a wide variety of designer handbags. We’ll also have pop-up shops, music, a photo booth, and much more!
Click here to purchase your ticket today!
For questions and sponsorship opportunities, please email Lynn Lavigne-Queen at Lynn.Lavigne@HOPEFamilyServices.org or call (941) 747-8499.
Thank you in advance for supporting our women and cause!