WRC offers individual, couples and family counseling with fully qualified mental health professionals. Counselors have the discretion of referring clients to more appropriate treatment when it is deemed to be more beneficial for the client.
Please call for availability of appointments.
Manatee, Sarasota, Venice. By appointment only.
Fee: Affordable sliding scale fee structure
The Career Closet offers professional women’s clothing, shoes, and purses. Clients are welcome to visit the closet once every six months and select up to five complete outfits, two pairs of shoes, and a purse.
No appointments are needed. Walk-ins are welcome!
Manatee, Mondays-Thursdays, 9am-4pm, Fridays, 9-11:30am. No Fee
Sarasota, Mondays-Thursdays, 9am-4pm, Fridays, 9-11:30am. No Fee
For friends and family of addicts.
For more information or to ask questions, please call 941-747-6797.
Manatee, Mondays, 6-8pm. Fee: $2
An ongoing educational support group.
Please call for additional information and referral, 941-256-9721.
Manatee. No Fee
Sarasota. No Fee
Join us for ongoing job-seeker support, networking in multi-media format and featured guest speakers. Topics vary each week.
Come out and network with one another, make some new friends and hear wonderful speakers that seek to help you along on your life journey!
Sarasota, Wednesdays, 1-3pm. No Fee
Note: This program is on hold until 2020.
A weekly forum for Latina women to discover skills, build self-confidence, and find their own paths to success.
Manatee, Mondays, 6-7:30pm. Fee: $2
It can be difficult to see our goals through to the end, and sometimes we need someone to help us. This program is offered to clients who would benefit from additional support and experience from and a qualified mentor.
Please call for availability, 941-366-1700.
Sarasota, by appointment only. No fee
|Chris Florand and Denise Whalin teach you to develop the skills for improved self-confidence, assertiveness, boundary setting and negotiation skills for handling life’s challenges.
Pre-registration is requested, please call 941-485-9724.
Venice Chamber of Commerce, Bi-weekly, 6-8pm. Fee: $2
- Learn from successful Fire-Starters on how they do it — REALLY
- Ignite the leader inside the woman
- Mingle with like-minded women — and make powerful connections
- Learn valuable, empowering tools and practices to take into your own life
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable in a shared, safe space.
- Take a risk, and maybe laugh a little
- Enjoy refreshments… and free childcare!
- Thursday, October 29th – Being Superwoman – Does this label empower us or hurt us?
- Tuesday, December 3rd – Women in Business – Creating what’s possible against all odds
- Thursday, January 23rd – Follow Your Bliss – How our brains are uniquely wired to take action
Doors open at 4:30pm | Event begins at 5:30pm
Sarasota Center, (941) 366-1700, Fee: Tickets start at $25. Please call for more pricing details.